To serve area advertisers and related professional by upholding and promoting professionalism in the advertising industry.
We accomplish this through education, professional development, and a commitment to excellence and the encouragment of stewardship through community service.
We are the unifying voice of advertising.
The Advertising Club of Chattanooga was organized March 5, 1957 at a meeting of advertising officials at the Electric Power Board of Chattanooga. Tom Thedford, Advertising Manager of Miller Brothers was the first President. The club began with thirty-two charter members.
The club later became affiliated with the 7th District of the Advertising Federation of America, and in 2008, changed their name to the American Advertising Federation of Chattanooga.
About the American Advertising Federation (National):
The American Advertising Federation (AAF), headquartered in Washington, D.C., acts as the "Unifying Voice for Advertising." The AAF is the oldest national advertising trade association, representing 40,000 professionals in the advertising industry. The AAF has a national network of 200 ad clubs located in ad communities across the country. Through its 226 college chapters, the AAF provides 8,000 advertising students with real-world case studies and recruitment connections to corporate America. The AAF also has nearly 100 blue-chip corporate members that are advertisers, agencies and media companies, comprising the nation's leading brands and corporations. For more information, visit AAF National at www.aaf.org.
The American Advertising Federation protects and promotes the well-being of advertising. We accomplish this through a unique, nationally coordinated grassroots network of advertisers, agencies, media companies, local advertising clubs and college chapters.
Here's what AAF does:
- Brings members together to yield creative business solutions.
- Protects and promotes advertising at all levels of government through grassroots activities.
- Educates members on the latest trends in technology, creativity and marketing.
- Provides programs to assist local association volunteer leadership.
- Presents the industry with its future leaders.
- Honors advertising excellence.
- Promotes diversity in advertising by encouraging the recruitment of people of diverse cultures.
- Applies the communication skills of its members to help solve community concerns.
- Regular community outreach that celebrates with those less fortunate.
- AAF Chattanooga supports the Mary Walker Tower with a Holiday event and gift bags full of basic essentials - yet a truly appreciated Christmas present. See the full photo slide show at our Flickr site.